Leveraging our technical expertise and attention to detail, we make best-in-class products for the data center industry and deliver them on time and cost-effectively. DCS is registered as an ISO 9001:2015 Standard Company and all fiber assemblies exceed industry standard testing.
Director – Strategic Accounts
Reports to: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Primary focus is revenue generation from new customers. The majority of the sales time will be spent on prospecting and incremental (net new) account growth for DCS. The target buyer persona will be defined and evaluated by the company based on overall sales strategies to include clients that have immediate, planned, and/or ongoing need(s) for structured cabling and network management services.
The Director – Strategic Accounts shall establish and develop genuine relationships in new and existing accounts to strengthen the partnership between DCS and the customer. Execute sales directives from management by leveraging and collaborating frequently with Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and Sales Support (ISMs) with the goal to ensure customers’ needs are being met and/or exceeded through the sales process.
• Understand target customers’ specific environments, competitive landscape (with specifications & pricing), and market forces driving and/or impacting buyer perspective and purchasing tendencies on their data center environment.
• Team up with TAMs to grow new business with prospective new clients, as well as select existing accounts identified by management based on growth targets.
– Consultative selling through solutions to address client issues
– Introduce new DCS products and services to the market
– Networking with key decision-maker / influencer personnel
– Maintain ongoing product and industry knowledge
– Continue to build and enrich DCS credibility in all target accounts
– Develop relationships with strategic decision makers
• Work closely with sales leadership to execute pipeline development plans that will penetrate markets, add new accounts, assist in marketing campaigns and other DCS projects designed to generate new business.
• Attend external meetings, typically with TAMs, to promote DCS capabilities and provide expertise to target audience.
• Work with management to identify major accounts and begin the process of developing them into DCS customers.
• Use outbounding tools for prospecting and daily pipeline planning/recording via Salesforce.com, ZoomInfo, Twitter, HubSpot, etc., to communicate to prospect targets while also managing account details, staying engaged with contacts and maintaining visibility within target accounts.
• Represent company and attend industry networking events and conferences. Present attendance objectives and target conversation list(s) to sales leadership in advance.
• Proficiency in outbound sales tools such as ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Navigator, all related social media platforms, personal rolodex (contact database), and routinely ask for referrals and introductions into new customers.
• Perform other revenue-centric sales and internal duties as necessary.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Bachelor degree. Preferably in Engineering, MIS, Technology-related major or related field.
• Experience in structured cabling industry (for data centers) is preferred.
• Key characteristics of success are assertiveness, sociable, independent, tactical focus, sense of urgency, and effective time management.
• Minimum of 5 years proven success selling technical solutions.
• Ongoing and current understanding of target market, technology and market dynamics related to our industry.
• Ability to participate in and facilitate external sales meetings at the Executive (C-level) of the organization.
• Excellent presentation skills using PowerPoint, Video Conferencing, Microsoft Team, WebEx, etc.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in all Microsoft products.
• Willingness to work a dynamic customer-first schedule.
• Work from home is required.
Working conditions are standard for either a Work from Home (WFH) or office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work to accommodate customer needs/demands.
Up to 25%
If you’re interested in this position, please submit the following: